By Rich Tenorio
For educators in the Massachusetts public school system, there are resources available for helping students understand the current situation between Israel and the Gaza Strip following the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas terror attacks and Israeli response. These resources range from a toolkit on antisemitism to tips on how to talk to teens about a challenging subject.
- The Anti-Defamation League, a partner of CJP, has published “6 Tips for Supporting Jewish Students in the Classroom.”
- The ADL also has a lesson plan titled, “Challenging Antisemitism: Debunking the Myths and Responding with Facts.”
- Another ADL resource is a “A Guide for Education Professionals, State Education Departments, & School Administrators on Implementing the U.S. National Strategy to Counter Antisemitism in K-12 Schools.”
- On JewishBostonTeens.com, there’s “Supporting Our Youth & Teens: Learning & Talking About Israel.”
- Boston-based nonprofit Facing History & Ourselves, which is also a partner of CJP, gives suggestions on “Responding to Antisemitism in the Classroom.”
Rich Tenorio covers antisemitism news for JewishBoston.com. His work has appeared in international, national, regional and local media outlets. He is a graduate of Harvard College and the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. He is also a cartoonist. Email him at email@example.com.