FaceJewishHate.org (the “Site”), is the digital home for those in our community concerned with the rise of antisemitism, and is owned and operated by Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston, Inc. (CJP).[CG1] [TA2]
You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the Site, to render the Site inaccessible to others, or to otherwise cause damage to or interfere with others’ use of the Site or their content. You agree not to use the Site in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties. You will not bully, intimidate or harass any user. You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence. You will not use the Site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory. You will not use the Site to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications. Prior written consent must be obtained to make commercial offers of any kind, whether by advertising, solicitations, links or any other method of communication. Without limiting any former restrictions, you may not link to other websites for the purpose of selling merchandise or services of any kind.
Proprietary Rights in Site
The content in the Site is the property of CJP. © 2023 Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston, Inc. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise stated, CJP and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the Site and material on the Site. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not:
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the Site;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on the Site for a commercial purpose; or
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the Site.
FaceJewishHate.org makes every effort to be up and running seven days a week, 24 hours a day. We will notify users well in advance if the Site need to be taken offline for routine maintenance. In the event of an unexpected disruption, we will notify users as soon as possible and correct the situation promptly. Please note that we are not a shomer Shabbat organization.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Site and the content and services made available on the Site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. CJP does not make and disclaims all express and implied warranties and representations, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to the Site, the content at the Site or any advice or services provided through the Site to the extent permitted by law. CJP does not warrant that access to the Site, your or other members’ content, other content at the Site or services will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects in the site will be corrected or that the Site are free from viruses or other harmful components.
You expressly agree that use of the Site, including all content, data or software distributed by, downloaded or accessed from or through the Site, is at your sole risk.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall CJP, its partners, contributors, agents, employees, directors or affiliates be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages), including but not limited to such damages for lost data, due to your use of this Site or due to your reliance on any of the content contained or the services provided on or through the Site.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Notification: If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any user content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a written notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further information) by providing our Copyright Agent (listed below) with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- a description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a notification, a representative list of such works at our Site
- a description of the location on the Site of the allegedly infringing material(s); your address, telephone number and email address
- a written statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material(s) in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law
- a written statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
CJP’s designated Copyright Agent for notice of claims of infringement is:
Kali D. Foxman
Director, Content Strategy Marketing
Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston, Inc.
Kraft Family Building
126 High St.
Boston, MA 02110
Only notices of alleged copyright infringement should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications should be directed to CJP’s customer service through contact page on FaceJewishHate.org. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the notice requirements of the DMCA, your notice may not be valid.
Counter Notification: If you believe that any user content of yours that was removed is not infringing, or that you have the appropriate rights from the copyright owner or third party, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your user content, you may send a counter notification containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled
- a statement (under penalty of perjury) that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or a misidentification of the material
- your name, address, telephone number and email address, along with a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Boston, MA and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement
If a counter notification is received by the Copyright Agent, CJP may send a copy of such counter notification to the original notifying party. The original notifying party shall have ten (10) business days to file an action for copyright infringement and seek a court order against the content provider or user posting such material. If no such infringement action is filed within 10 business days, we may, in our sole discretion, reinstate the removed material or cease disabling such material.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, CJP may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate access, at CJP’s sole discretion, of any user that we find to be a repeat infringer of others’ copyrights. CJP may also, in its sole discretion, limit or fully terminate access to the Site of any user infringing the intellectual property rights of others, regardless of whether such user is a repeat offender or not.